So, you were busy just trying to get through the Christmas holiday, and just now began thinking about what to do to celebrate New Year’s Eve. Don’t sweat it. We got you covered here at the Hendricks County Convention and Visitors Bureau.
Whether it’s enjoying wine, some locally brewed beer or bowling the night away, we have five options in Hendricks County to suit any taste this Saturday.
- Chateau Thomas Winery — Perhaps the biggest New Year’s Eve celebration in Hendricks County will occur at Chateau Thomas Winery in Plainfield. For $315 a couple, you can participate in a one-of-a-kind bash that includes wine tasting, tours, dinner buffet and accommodations for the night. The evening begins at 6 p.m. Saturday with some wine tasting and hors d’ oeuvres. At 7:45 p.m., the dinner buffet opens with salads, various vegetable options, steak, fish and chicken entrees and dessert. After dinner, participants can dance the night away to the rock-and-roll sounds of Indianapolis band, The Woomblies, who will perform live until 1 a.m. Participants will receive prizes during a Midnight Scavenger Hunt. Then, at midnight, a champagne toast, party favors and an elegant breakfast display will provide the perfect setting to ring in the new year. Participants can then retire to their rooms next door at either the Staybridge Suites or Holiday Inn Express until 11 a.m. with a late checkout scheduled for 1 p.m. The event’s cost includes a hot breakfast, overnight room, all taxes, food, a drink token, champagne toast, a bottle of wine and service charge. For more information or to reserve a spot, call Sheila at (317) 203-7833.
- Black Swan Brewpub — Also in Plainfield, Black Swan is throwing a Roaring ‘20s New Year’s Eve bash for $30 a person. This locally owned brewpub, which is known for its culinary fare and house beers, knows how to throw a party! An appetizer buffet, two pints of house brew, champagne toast, party favors, prom photos and live swing-jazz entertainment are included. Black Swan also worked out a deal with the nearby Hampton Inn for $99 rooms with a purchase of a ticket to their party. The Hampton Inn will even shuttle guests to and from the Black Swan. To make reservations or for more information, call (317) 838-7444.
- Bowl West — Looking for something a little more active? All Bowl West locations, including Brownsburg Bowl, will have it. Bowl West will host two New Year’s Eve parties one from 7:15-9:15 p.m. for everyone and one for the 21 and older crowd from 10 p.m. to midnight. For $54.95, parties will get two hours of bowling, a 12-inch, two-topping pizza, pitcher of soda and up to four pairs of bowling shoe rentals. The 10 p.m. party also includes a Champagne toast at midnight. Call (317) 858-0388 for reservations.
- Cabana Room — Claiming to have the biggest small New Year’s Eve party in Hendricks County, the Cabana Room will provide a different New Year’s option. Located in Downtown Brownsburg, the Cabana Room boasts a smoke-free restaurant serving American cuisine with island flair and an adjoining cigar bar. Their party will include a four-course meal and a champagne toast at midnight as well as live music featuring the Pesky Varmits. The Cabana Room will even offer partiers a safe ride home by providing a seven-passenger van or by splitting all local Brownsburg cab rides for reservation customers. To reserve a spot, call the Cabana Room at (317) 852-4901.
- Three Pints Brewpub — Three Pints in Plainfield will celebrate with their house brews and live entertainment by guitarist Drew Taylor until the ball drops at midnight. For more information, call Three Pints at (317) 839-1000 or visit their website by clicking here.
This list wasn’t intended to be comprehensive. If you know of or are hosting any other Hendricks County New Year’s Eve parties that are open to the public, feel free to add them to the comment section below.
From all of us here at the Hendricks County Convention and Visitors Bureau, have a safe and happy New Year!